Over the weekend, we experienced an issue in the Guild Rumble that caused no guilds to be matched for the first two hours of round 10. Because this bug affected the score of some guilds, we previously announced that the planned changes to Rumble would be delayed to April 12.
However, we received an overwhelming community response with the majority of players stating they prefer to have the Rumble changes on March 22, despite scores being affected. We are happy to announce that we can move forward with the changes for March 22.
As a reminder, these are the changes planned:
- Previous Rumbles will be used to seed the following Rumble
- Rewards will be revamped (click here for details)
- Battle times will be extended from 8 hours to 12 hours
- Event will be shortened from 6 days to 5 days
- Rematch prevention will be extended to every 4 matches
- Minimum activity point requirements for rewards will be updated to encourage more activity at the lower tiers
- Scoring changes: guilds will need to be ranked highly consistently throughout the event in order to place highly and earn the top rewards
As guilds become accustomed to these changes, we want to reassure you that matchmaking, scoring, and seeding will be closely monitored for issues and we plan to make adjustments as needed.
We apologize for any confusion or concerns that has stemmed from this topic and thank each of you for sharing your feedback to help us improve. If you have any feedback or questions, please share here. Party on, Slurms!