In a previous thread, we discussed potential changes to Rumbles and Sieges and we want to thank all of you for the feedback provided. The player suggestions and thoughts shared helped us fine-tune upcoming changes to Rumble. Here are some updates:
- Instead of using Siege rankings, previous Rumbles will be used to seed the following Rumble
- Rewards will be revamped (no specifics yet)
- Battle times will be extended from 8 hours to 12 hours
- Event will be shortened from 6 days to 5 days
- Rematch prevention will be extended to every 4 matches
- Minimum activity point requirements for rewards will be updated to encourage more activity at the lower tiers
- As mentioned before, we anticipate that the event scoring changes will strongly disincentivize "sandbagging" because players are scored based on consistently high placement throughout the event
To further elaborate on our point about the scoring changes improving sandbagging.
Each guild's Victory Point score will increase every round based on their current ranking in the Matchmaking leaderboard. Winning matches will cause guilds to rise through the Matchmaking leaderboard (and face tougher matches). In other words, the guilds that earn the top rewards will need to be ranked highly consistently throughout the event, rather than purposefully fighting lower-ranked guilds and simply ending the event higher on the Matchmaking leaderboard. Note that this is totally separate from the increase in minimum individual participation points.
Siege is still being discussed further and we’ll share details of potential changes in the future. We aim to have these Rumble changes implemented and ready in the coming weeks. We will also announce ahead of time when the last Rumble under the current/old format will be, and when the first Rumble of the new format will begin.